An ILA membership provides the following benefits:
- Subscription to the Listening Post; our online newsletter which not only includes organizational information but also articles by leading researchers and authors
- Subscription to the International Journal of Listening which is published three times a year. The Journal contains research in the field of listening and promotes the evidence-based practice of listening and listening pedagogy. Everyone has online access to the Journal as a part of their membership. Hard copies of the International Journal of Listening will cost $15.00 per year.
- Exclusive access to the Members’ Only Directory
- Access to our Convention Resource Paper Center which includes articles and copies of programs by listening and communication scholars, teachers, and trainers.
- Access to other members and networking opportunities for the purpose of curriculum development, training and pedagogy
- Access to the top teachers, scholars, researchers, trainers, authors in the field
- Access to a discussion and networking forum as well as listening activities appropriate for many areas
- Reduced convention rates for our annual convention which meets in various parts of the world and which regularly offers high-quality scholarly and practical programs
- Voting rights important for election of officers and organizational business
- Access to the ILA Archives which include newsletters, various papers, articles and photographs covering the last 32 years of the organization.