Blog and Forum (Discussion Board)
When should I use the Blog function?
- Blogs should be updated with new content from time to time.
- Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.
- Blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments or message each other. Blogs provide commentary on a particular subject.
- Blogs combines text, images, and links to other blogs, websites and other media related to its topic.
When should I use the forum/message board?
- Forums/message boards are online discussions where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
- Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as wish to.
What are the differences?
- The primary purpose of a blog is commentary, and the responses are not integral.
- The primary purpose of forums and discussion boards is inquiry, and responses ARE integral.
- Blogs involve one topic or issue while forum conversations may splinter into new threads.